Monday, August 20, 2007

What do you think?

I heard about this on the radio and thought I might like to hear the opinions of the OMI crowd as at least a plurality of you are inked.

There is appearantly a new type of tattoo ink called Freedom-2. Instead of the traditional style of tattoo ink, this stuff uses a dye encapsulated in a clear microbead. It is applied like normal ink and is just as permanent. The difference is that it can be removed in a single removal session instead of the 6 or more sessions it takes to remove traditional tattoos.
I know that a lot of you take pride in and are totally committed to your tatts; so is having a tattoo made of this new, relatively easy to remove ink really the same as having the old school pain in the ass(or arm or leg) to remove type of ink? Does having an "easy out" of your tattoo diminish the value of the tattoo? Is this one step above the temporary tattoos from the Cracker Jack Box?

5 comments:

Sickboy said...

Interesting! I have not heard of this type of ink as of yet and personally, I wouldnt use it. My ink is pretty personal to me and my plan is to have it with me the rest of my life. I have had some people say to me "my gosh, what are you gonna do when youre 60 or 65 and you have all these tattoos all over you?" Well shit, If im in my sixties and the only thing I have to worry about is some spotty looking ink jobs, then Ill thank God Im doing alright.

Ink should be forever. if your friends or place of employment or society cant accept you for it then they need to move on......

sp9000 said...

Removable ink? BOOOOOOO!!!! This product could only be made for people who are afraid to own their past.

Sickboy said...

great point Scott!!! =)

Sickboy said...

Ive also heard of this shit called "wrecking Balm" that if used according to directions can remove the color of a tattoo in like 6-8 weeks.

Eh, no big deal, ya get a shitty ink job, you find that special artist that can do a cover up and you're all set.

dad-e~O said...

CRAP!