Tuesday, November 28, 2006

For PJ.....

Maybe this will help you out a little bit next time...wink, wink....

How to Politely Turn Down a Drink From Your Host
Here's some advice about turning down unsolicited drinks from a host.

Steps
Say, "No thank you. I'm not drinking this evening." Or try, "No thank you. I'm not thirsty at the moment." Sometimes a polite word will do just the trick.
If they insist, then you must insist as well. "Thank you for the offer, but I'd really rather not."
Another line would be, "Thank you, but no. Perhaps another time."
Say, "I am fine right now, I may take you up on it in a little bit," thus ambiguously deferring the drink until a later time (or not at all.)
If you absolutely must take the drink, remember that you are not forced to drink it. If you've already used the above phrases, then the fact that you are carrying the drink around without sipping should come as no surprise to your host.

2 comments:

dad-e~O said...

what are you trying to say. I don't have a drinking problem. I have issues with tolerance.
as in mine is to low.

Sickboy said...

I know you dont, Im just giving ya shit.