Sunday, June 29, 2008

Happy Sunday!


---Well, happy Sunday to all you hard working bike dealers and 2nd time Dads out there!!! My kid and the ex did indeed take off for their vacation time yesterday afternoon, so Im kid free for the week. My daytime fix me up program has been going pretty darn good as of late, which makes me VERY happy.

Obama says this and that and then flip flops 2 days later on the same issue and I worry about McCains age if he is elected, blech to it all right now.

It has actually been kinda "chilly" here at night the past few days, blanket weather, GREAT for sleeping. Today the high is 81, yesterday we didnt even make 80.

We may go see some fireworks for the 4th at the State Capitol here in town, but the 4th is still several days away so we dont have near anything set in stone yet, it will all depend on how my Mom feels. She gettin a little old because of her severe Diabetes and I worry about it every day now. Shes tough as nails though, hell a lot tougher than most Ive met in my life to be honest with you. Its been a rough weekend for her, she really misses Den for some strange reason this weekend, but those things happen. I was really missin him last week for no reason, just because he was awesome to be around.

The sun just came out here.

This week looks to be dry and not too terribly warm until Thu. I think, when it will hit like 86. Thats too hot for me w/ the humidity. If there is no humidity, I dont mind, but if the humidity gets up there, Im beggin for the AC to be turned on like a wuss.

There is a huge bike shop on the corner where we live called Bike World, everytime I see it, I think of you PJB. People are gettin pumped up for the Ragbrai ride coming up where they cover the whole state of Iowa in like 6 or 7 days on bike. I have heard its just one big drunken party at night between the bikers, then they wake up the next AM and get back to riding.

Hey Scott, if you can find time to get to your p.c. for 2 seconds, hows your little one doing? How is C taking things? I hope ALL is well with you and your little family!

Well boys, thats my little Sunday update for ya, drop me a reply when ya can and Ill be back soon.

The pic up top is the kid, just sent to me via the ex's cell phone. Im thankful for the pic but damn the man, what would people do without those damn things? I got so mad at mine last week, I tossed it out the car window going about 65. It was a pay as you go one. Great phone, but it got too stupid on me one time too many so bye bye it went.---

2 comments:

Scott said...

Well my dad was right on this one 2 kids does make for four time the work. So far our little girl likes to spend a lot of hours in the papoose I ware, which is great for keeping her quiet but seriously bad for my back and even worse for getting any thing done.

Other wise all is well.

Sickboy said...

yeah, Ava's "walking sleeping bag" as I used to call it, positioned her in the front facing me.

Damn the hours I must have spent walking back and forth between the kitchen and dining room, and then Id start doin laps around the dining room table itself. I liked it when she fell asleep. I could lay down on my back and then nap for a few mins.Shed always wake me up by kicking me, little brat, hah.

All to just get her to snooze for a while and to make her feel safe.

GLAD to hear all is well brother -)