Monday, June 30, 2008

Which one will we be today?

Winners and losers, turn the pages of my life
We're beggars and choosers, with all the struggles and the strife
I got no reason to turn my head and look the other way
we're good and we're evil, which one will I be today?

There's saints and sinners
Life's a gamble and you might lose
There's cowards and heroes
Both have been known how to break the rules
there's lovers and haters
The strong and the weak will all have their day
We're devils and angels
Which one will I be today?


Are you happy now with all the choices you've made?
Are there times in life when you know you should've stayed?
Will you compromise and then realize the price is too much to pay?
Winners and losers, which one will you be today?

There's a a light and a dark side
standing at the crossroads, there we'll meet
there's prophets and fools there
the lies and the truths, will be at our feet
I got a reason to turn my head and look the other way
it's heaven and hell here, which one will I live today?

---Just mid last week, my ex sister in law was rushed to the hospital from a drug OD. She had to be put on a ventilator because she was only taking 4 breaths a minute. The nurse that was assigned to her said that in her 15 years of service she had never seen a young girl come in in such bad shape and live. She took 2 bottles of Klonopin (an anti anxiety pill, that can have sedative like feelings when used in super high doses, which in turn can be fatal) and 4 or 5 Oxycontin. My ex sister in law was released from the hospital 2 days later. She is addicted to pills, just as I am, but the big difference is that shes active in the lifestyle, I am not. She has been "sworn" to day treatment and all that stuff. I give her a month before shes back on the pills. She jumps from hospital to hospital, from clinic to clinic here in town and gets hooked up. Youd think these damn places would be wise to her by now, not to mention, I think she buys a lot off the street, which is a HUGE risk, Lord only knows what youre getting then. Im glad shes alive, but with all the resources to get help from in this city, I feel absolutely no pity for her. Theres quite a few places to go for help, Ive used 'em all and when ya get it right, they will fix you and make you a whole person again, so I wouldnt ever shed a tear for her. I dont want my little girl getting to know her while shes still an active abuser like this, no way.

I mean, you hear of all these people that go through all this hell to get away from this shit and they can do it. Of course, Im not gonna mention Multi-Million dollar "rock stars" who have the world at their finger tips to get clean, shit, I could easily kick any drug too if I had a therapist who was charging me 20 grand a day for his help. But you do hear about the regular people who do make it through this, I just always wonder why I become so strong and why she becomes so weak, ya know?

Winners and losers, which one will I be today?---

No comments: