Monday, September 17, 2007

Lame lame lame....

ATLANTA, Georgia (CNN) -- Laura Hathaway initially had no regrets after getting a tattoo on her lower back when she was 21. But now, 10 years later, she wants it gone.

art.tattoo.removal.cnn.jpg

Tattoo removal is more painful than the original tattoo, patient Laura Hathaway says.

The pharmaceutical sales representative from Atlanta, Georgia, says it doesn't fit in with her current lifestyle as the mother of a 2-year-old boy who just started to talk. "The other day I bent over and he said, 'What's that?' and it just confirms why I'm having it removed."

Dr. Scott Karempelis of Atlanta Dermatology Associates is performing a multitreatment laser procedure that will gradually erase Hathaway's tattoo with little or no scarring. The process is painful, expensive and time-consuming.

Karempelis says that in spite of the drawbacks, "business is booming." He and three other dermatologists in his office see more than 30 patients a day who want tattoos removed by laser.

---Hell, my daughter thinks my tattoos are cool because she gets to see animals and fire and cool stars and hearts all over her Daddy's arms, back and tummy. Its pretty hilarious that getting them removed is more painful than getting them done initially. Good, I hope it hurts like fucking hell.



4 comments:

dad-e~O said...

I love my tattoo's

Sickboy said...

yeah no shit, me too man, each one of mine have a story.

dad-e~O said...

yes, I've never even considered removing or covering any of mine up

Sickboy said...

it would cost me thousands upon thousands of bucks to have all my work removed.