Saturday, September 01, 2007

The Sky Light

In C’s bathroom there is a skylight. Through it you can se the sky and a portion of a large oak tree which sits next to our house. On the first day in our new home, C discovered the window from his bath, and squealed Air plane air plane!!! Since then he is always looking for the air plane when in that room. For the most part we spend that time talking about the green leaves on the tree, the blue sky, and the white clouds. This morning however he squealed something I could not identify while pointing up at the sky light. While re-explaining the green leafs, blue sky, ect I turned my head up and was alarmed to see two beady eyes looking at us!!! It was a squirrel. I then made the mistake of yelling “look it’s a squirrel” and with that C and I were immediately joined in our small bathroom by two large and very excited dogs. It was a lot of excitement to be had in a very small part of our home at a very early 6 am this morning, just thought I would share with the rest of you.

3 comments:

Sickboy said...

haha, funny stuff, this made me smile, the hounds enjoy chasing the squirells, eh? Gosh dang, I HATE to be the one trying to hold one of them back as they darted for one though....man that would take some serious strength.

That bathroom sounds really cool with a skylight in it, nice place to daydream, it will just kinda suck a little when it gets snow covered come winter

dad-e~O said...

one of the more enjoyable parts of child rearing, is looking at the world from young eyes again.

Sickboy said...

yeah, being able to see the world all over again through kid's eyes is an awe inspiring and completely nutso sometimes, I love it...