Saturday, April 15, 2006

Punkin DoNuts

well,
I went for a bit of a spin on my bike the other day and since I needed somewhere to go I decided to Jojimbo's garage, (a renowned bike shop not far from cabrini green) then I had a few things to do at work. On the way home I changed my route a bit and went north on dearborn until I found myself in our old stomping grounds. passing by Belmont and Clark . Sheffield and School. it could have been a blast fromthe past, except it doesn't look the same, much. Huge signs selling the punk lifestyle. wow I wanna be alternative too.
that'll be all for now.

2 comments:

Sickboy said...

I plan on hitting that area when Im in town to see how much of it has changed. I have heard from quite a few people that it has changed quite a bit.

Mark M said...

Gentrification hit that area in a big way. There's one block on Sheffield (it might be Sheffield & School) that must have been mostly two-flats... can't even remember. But it was all torn down -- the whole block! -- about 2 years ago, to make way for 4-story condo buildings.