Sunday, August 31, 2008

fact or fiction?

---So this is gonna sound weird, or downright stupid, but Ive talked to several people as of late that said at the peak of The Vietnam War when a young man had got caught doing something illegal by the law and was set for trial, they were given 2 options.

The judge would either slap a somewhat hard sentence on them w/ no chance for parole. Either that, or the young man was offered Vietnam for war. Training courtesy of the Army.

Have any of you ever heard of this? Is it bullshit, or does it hold some truth?---

4 comments:

dad-e~O said...

I think there is some truth to this.

Scott said...

I heard this one ages ago, but now question weather or not it is an urban legend. It does sound plausible?

Sickboy said...

yeah, when I have some more ample p.c. time this week, Im gonna research this one.

Sickboy said...

OK, I couldnt find shit on this topic on the internet, which leads me to believe that it has always been a "hush hush" type of program. I did however, find online that this program was offered to blacks more than anything else.

I also talked to my Mom who was a Flower Child during the war time and she was almost certain that this was indeed true.