Friday, April 25, 2008

Ciggys, my mouth and sun records.....

---Well, its now been days since Ive has a ciggy and I fucking feel GREAT about it!!! I cant believe I let those little damn sticks control my life for 20 damn years before actually doing something proactive about it.

My mouth is healing up well, but I go to the dentist again next Tuesday for more mouth work. Its gonna be a long road

Watched "walk The Line" again today and lemme say I would have killed to have been Sam Phillips back when Sun was just a young, budding, record label. All that damn talent. You had Elvis, J. Cash, Roy Orbison, Jerry Lee Lewis and so many more that had to yet move on to bigger labels at the time. Whew, that would have been awesome.

Speaking of awesome, I see that Mike Ness has added a 2nd night onto his stop in Chicago for his upcoming solo tour. You lucky bastards.

I just recently was finally able to get through the autobiography of J. Cash and he lived one hell of a life. It was a lot of stuff I had already knew, but man, was that boy ever fucked up on amphetamines. Staying up for 3 to 4 nights a week before totally crashing out, or taking a barbiturate or 5 to calm him down enough to sleep. I dont know how his body sustained such abuse from that one drug for song long. If youve seen the move "Walk the Line" with the part in Vegas when he is set to hit the stage and he comes out there looking like some possessed mad man ready to kill and thats a pretty good example of what meth does to you in today's times. Cash was seriously fucked up and he has the Carter family to thank for being his saving grace and pulling him out of the depths of hell.

So, whats up there?---

No comments: