Friday, January 20, 2006

OFFMEN dance party, remembered

The OFFMEN Dance Party, yeah I remember a few details. Like the 55 gallons of popcorn we made, and that lousy complex manager stealing our $200 dollars by accusing us of scratching a folding table. Yes it was a learning experience that I carry with me to this day!!! Before I begin any project I.E. trade show or other similar type event I photo graph the property before moving any of my equipment in period! I do not intend on getting burned twice by assholes like that again! I was very embarrassed for our organization with that incident because we had been taken advantage of our own naiveté. Anyhow there really is only one other detail that stands out in my mind from that evening, and that was a situation that occurred with my then girlfriend D. In the weeks before this OFFMEN event D and I had decided that we should be dating and so we made it so. If I remember correctly we agreed on this relation ship while parked in front of Eric’s house ironically. Well some time during the dance Ion went and played “Tainted Love” by Soft Cell, and I found my self-having a very sexy dance with an old girl friend J. Long story short D was very angry at my behavior and let me know every detail of her anger in the men’s bathroom. It was the end of D and I, kind of a bummer because I really did like her and did not participate in the dance with J to hurt her. Fortunately we still lived in the same social circle and managed to remain friends…I wish D well to this day she is a very good person who I have a lot of respect for.

Scott

1 comment:

Scott said...

I dont remember you dating D at the time...odd. I remember the popcorn now too. I also just remembered someone there showing up drunk and us having problems with her. Do you remember that?

E.