Friday, January 20, 2006

Offmen Dance Party

My memory of the Offmen dance party is kind of fuzzy at times at best. Maybe Scott can help me out here and add his own 2 cents to the mix and maybe if we are all really lucky, he will have a picture or 2 from that night. I remember we held it at the clubhouse by my old Townhome in Wheeling. I also remember the cops came at one point because the music was too loud. Ian was our DJ that night and my mom and step dad were there because an adult had to be present...that was how young we ALL were when it took place! I think this took place even before Frank was inducted as an Offmen. Im talking winter 1990 at best. Jesus Almighty....16 years ago...WOW!!!!!

I think we had a decent turn out that night: maybe 20 or 30 people. I remember it was winter and there was snow on the ground- if my memory serves me right I think we held it in February because it was right around Valentine's Day I think. I remember one of the girls, Jen B. slipping and falling on some ice outside and busting her knee wide open. She spent the night at my house in the basement that night =)

I remember dancing to the likes of Front 242, Ministry, Janes Addiction, Pailhead (God do I miss that CD) and many others. I also remember Scott and I putting our "fins" up in the bathroom at my Townhome. Haha.....the fins. Damn, we were pretty damn hot with those fins.

Lastly, I remember we had the party to raise money for something or another and we ended up losing our shirts in the deal because we left the place filthy and someone carved up one of the tables there. Bad, bad kids..

Yep, The Offmen Dance Party.

Eric.

No comments: