Tuesday, January 31, 2006

competetion within the brotherhood.

Sitting here listening to the 80s Alternative Station on Yahoo Radio and is it ever rollin.

I remember Scott and I held the upper ranks when it came to dating and girls during the high times of the Offmen years. Hell, Ill even step up and say him and I competed for top notch. As a whole, I think Scott and I managed to date every single girl that hung around the crew. We were that damn good.

Were we actually that hot or was it something else? Scott, chime in here, help me out.

OK, sure, we were boyish cute at the time and we had charm, but why were him and I always competing? I can remember we went back and forth with a certain girl named D many, many times and I can remember me losing out to Scott over her on a few occasions.

Ah, to be that age again...women droolin' everywhere we went.

On my end, I can say I dont know what happened, but that ended quite some time ago.

Oh well.......

2 comments:

Scott said...

I always thought it was John who held the title for most babes scored?

Anyhow this is not a distinction I have any pride in. As honestly as I can remember I really never intended to date so many different people. In my defense I always felt that I was careful in my choices and that I always put the best interest of my friends and lovers before all others including my self, but in retrospect I find that I was not a very noble person. In fact in those days I was very self-consumed and more focused on what was working for me in a given relationship and how many choices surrounded me at times I see that I was a little greedy. There were a few moments of clarity and of those I remember each one and I am still quite thankful for. But for the most part, I am glad to have grown past that part of my life. I some times find my self pondering more than a few relationship of yester year, and I think to my self if I only understood what I do now, I most definitely would not have caused as much pain and destruction to others whom I really did and still do care so much for. In such a public place all I can do is I offer my most humble apologies for not being as much of a man as I should have been. Possibly my only reconciliation for past deeds is that they have molded my desire to be the very best husband I can possibly be. Today is my nine-year anniversary with P, I am by experience grateful for every day I have with her.

Scott

Scott said...

I remember that too. At times, being so cold and almost calculating. I also look back at some of the choices I made back then and realize they shaped me into who I am now and yet I still have not learned from th em. I always wanted that one girl, that one you fall in love with early adn then just stay with...like a H.S. sweetheart. I recentley fell in love w/ a woman who is married to her H.S. sweetheart and I saw how I couldnt get in the way of that. its just all weird.....

E.