Wednesday, February 01, 2006

the Music That Was Our Lives...

The Soundtrack that is our lives.

A lot of people in life claim that they could easily put together a song list to go along with certain parts of their lives. Well, here is my shot at a partial Offmen Soundtrack:

Front 242-Headhunter…Goes without saying, this song was a staple for us for many reasons and many occasions.

Big Black-Texas…I will always remember hearing Frank sing this at the top of this lungs and it served no other purpose than it was a great scream fest.

Nine Inch Nails-Down In It…I picked this because Scott used to bump the remix of this song in his car all the time and everytime I hear it now that is all I can think of.

Naked Raygun-Wonderbeer…Again, Frank: enough said.

Lords of Acid-I sit on Acid…Bring back countless memories of Medusas

Peter Murphy-Cuts you up. Was introduced to Mr. Murphy by Mr. Thumb and have loved him ever since.

Anything by The Vandals…Reminds me of Scott and him introducing them to me.

Depeche Mode-Personal Jesus…Even before the Offmen, there was Mcgreevy’s and this reminds me of that time in life.

Pailhead-I will Refuse…Reminds me of the huge pits on the 1st floor at Medusas

Mirror in the Bathroom_The English Beat…The Offmen went through what was probably a month or two phase where all we listened to was Ska.

The Revolting Cocks-38…I picked this because there was a time when more than one of us were fascinated with finding out the meaning of this song and I don’t think we ever did.

Ministry-Theives or Stigmata…Classic old school songs with classic old school memories.

Nitzer Ebb-Murderous…Reminded me of Mcgreevy’s.

The Cure-Boys Don’t Cry….Reminds me of a certain Offmen summer when the girls were a plenty and the worries were a million miles away.

Ok, Scott, your turn, any to add to this and why?

E.






No comments: