Friday, February 10, 2006

A note form the hart, We will miss you Grandma

I have been blessed with an exceptional extended family. My wife’s family has fit into my life like a glove and P’s grandmother was no exception. M always amazed me; for this matriarch with a large and vibrant family to attend to she always impressed me not only by her warmth but also her exceptional ability to draw you in close to her in such a personal manor. She always made a point to make me feel more than just welcome in her home. From the very first time I met her I was made to feel like family. I can in fact still clearly recall my very first introduction to her. During this first conversation there were the usual formalities of hello and who are you however not far into this initial exploration of each other M informed me in a very clear and strait forward manor that her family frowned upon divorce. I was quite taken back by this seemingly out of know where comment, however equally as surprising I did not feel even slightly threatened by her comment. P and I had only been dating for around six months at that time, and this was my first time on the other side of the lake. That was nearly nine years ago in retrospect of that day I think that if any one other than M had confronted me in such an unusual manor during an introduction, I would most assuredly have not had a favorable impression of them. However as many of us know and remember her she was a truly unique individual and, I of course found her enchanting. I do my best to count my blessings often and I always find that she is one of them. As one of many I will miss her as well.

Scott

1 comment:

Scott said...

I am sorry to hear about your loss. Please give my regards to P also friend.

It sounds like you have a pretty awesome extended family there and for that I can tell you are lucky and blessed.

E.