Thursday, February 23, 2006

Our Namesake

PJ brought up a point to me last night that I am hoping Scott can also chime in on and help us out with. I do vaguely remember some controversey around our name when we first came together as a "boys night out club". If I remember right, we were first called the U-Men, aptly named after a Front 242 song and we found out through someone else that that certain tag had gang affiliations around it so we all voted and decided to change our name to what it is now: "The Offmen".

Is this right? PJ, Scott, help me out here.....

2 comments:

dad-e~O said...

you have all the details I remember. I don't know that I've ever even heard the song.

Scott said...

I remember, we discussed the inappropriateness of the name "UMEN" down at Glencoe beach one night, wasn’t it there that we came up with the offmen...a tribute our selves telling each other to piss off as greeting?

Scott