Monday, December 01, 2008

Yep, the white stuff.

---Well, we here in Des Moines got our first measurable hit of snow this past weekend, like 3-4 inches. It was pretty easy to deal with. I shoveled our walk up to the door and tomorrow its gonna be 45, so Ill let the warmer temps do the rest.

My Mom is wayyyy sick, I feel really bad for her. Shes terribly weak, so I stick close to home so I can keep an eye on her cuz she doesnt know when to quit, crazy lady!

So my ex hid 2 of Ava's Christmas presents in the backroom at the shop. Way in the back, pretty well hidden away. Well guess what? On Sat. the kid comes out of the back room holding one of them while she talked about the other one being too heavy to move! Hah, Mama got busted. Smart assed kid findin stuff. We both laughed about it in the end but the ex was kinda mad at herself first. Right now the kid is OBSESSED w/ dinosaurs, so one of the gifts was dino related and the second gift was a play kitchen set that looks kick ass on the box. Dang little stinker

Kids, I tell ya......---

5 comments:

Scott said...

That story about your kid is hilarious. It is amazing just how nothing gets by them.

I hope your mom gets well soon. We just had some sort of bug go through our house last week, and none of us got much sleep... it was even worse than when Maisie was just a new born.

Sickboy said...

I guess this bug she has can last like 2 weeks.

Yeah, the kid thing was funny, huh? we laughed at it too.

dad-e~O said...

We recently discussed Santa,
Boy: Dad, is there a Santa?
Me: What do you think?
Boy: No.
Me: Hmmmmm...
Me: If you don't believe in Santa he doesn't come.
Boy: Really?!
Me: if you vocalize disbelief in Santa, you won't get any gifts from him.
Boy: Really?
me: yup.

Sickboy said...

Yeah, my Ava is still totally down w/ the Santa thing and its adorable and magical. I dread the day when she discovers the truth.

Scott said...

You know you can not hear the ring of his sleigh bells unless you believe.