Thursday, May 25, 2006

Bush, Blair Say They Aren't Ready to Set Iraq Troop Timetable
May 25 (Bloomberg) -- President George W. Bush and U.K. Prime Minister Tony Blair, whose political fortunes are tied to Iraq, said any decision about western troop levels won't be made until the Iraqi defense ministry is fully operational.

Bush said he will consult with U.S. military commanders after they are able to meet with whoever is selected as minister of defense, one of the posts still open in the new Iraqi government, and assess the readiness of Iraqi forces.

``We'll keep the force level there necessary to win,'' Bush said in a news conference with Blair tonight at the White House.

SO dumb and dumber agree that they arent setting a timetable as to when we get outta there. I dont think we can just up and leave mind you, but Christ, enough is enough. I like his "we'll keep the forces there.....until we win".....quote best. This is unwinnable in most cases. I am not saying anyone out there in the political relam would be doing better right now but I didnt see it turning out this way. I s upported this war when it first began now it just really makes me sad.

No comments: