Friday, May 05, 2006

In The News....

Autopsy: Boot camp guards killed teen
Second coroner's examination finds 14-year-old suffocated

Friday, May 5, 2006; Posted: 6:03 p.m. EDT (22:03 GMT)

(CNN) -- A teenager who died at a Florida boot camp was suffocated by guards who were restraining him, a medical examiner has determined.

Martin Lee Anderson, 14, died in January after he was restrained and struck by workers at the boot camp for juvenile offenders.

No charges have been filed in connection with Anderson's death.

Initial autopsy results in February had determined Anderson died from complications from sickle cell trait, which had not been previously diagnosed in the teenage athlete.

My question to you is what kind of punishment should the guard(s) face??? I wuold say if someone suffocated my 14 year old kid, a civil lawsuit would be a start if chrages could not be pressed. I wonder if actual criminal charges will be brought up becasue this is basically murder in the 2nd degree.

1 comment:

Sickboy said...

I dont like math. I failed it in college.