Friday, May 12, 2006

Garage Sale.....

So, today my Mom has a garage sale. The weather was nice; not perfect but nice. Everything was in place and set to go. At about 11 AM this older couple comes up and starts to look around. Id say they were in their mid 50s at most. They also spoke in a broken english accent and it was hard to understand them.

As I sat there smoking my cigarette and eating my lunch I noticed the man out of the couple had started to place one of the items in his pocket without paying at first. At first I thought I wasnt seeing what I was believeing. I also thought that maybe he was just shoving said item into his pocket so he would not have to carry it.

I watched him for several more minutes and in the end he went to get in his car and just drive off without paying for the item. I walked up to him and said I saw him put the item in his pocket and I didnt appreciate the thought of him lifting it from us.

It was an old Sony Walkman, but THAT IS NOT the point.

He put his hands up in the air, muttered something to me in his native language (which pissed me off to no end) and then pulled the item from his pocket. He then told me the item was too small to pay for. It wasnt worth any money to him so he didnt wanna pay me for it!!!

I then told him he had best leave my Mom's property before I shove my foot up his ass.

I would have rather thrown the item out then let him have it, or even buy it. The bastard.

Thats my interesting story for today.

Stealing is bad for the soul.

2 comments:

dad-e~O said...

tiff freikin hates doin the garage sale thing, she would way rather give everything to charity just to not bother,
I on the other hand would happily go to every g-sale I pass. and have no quams about quibiling with people over prices.

Scott said...

I love the idea of selling my junk for small profit. However finding space / place to store it until the garage sale really makes me crazy. I like most ugly Americans just want ride of it and fast. Hence we donate often.