Monday, January 22, 2007

State of the Union. Does anyone really care?

From Hero to Goat

By Dan Froomkin
Special to washingtonpost.com
Monday, January 22, 2007; 1:20 PM

After six years of striding onto the House floor like a conqueror, President Bush will arrive for Tuesday night's State of the Union Speech deeply unpopular and politically crippled.

The most vivid symbol of the new order of things will be House Speaker Nancy Pelosi literally looking over his shoulder. With Pelosi's Democrats now in control of both houses of Congress -- and some members of the president's own party peeling off as he pushes stubbornly ahead in Iraq -- Bush will find his friends far outnumbered by his foes.

The pomp of the State of the Union address and the deference given to Bush's office will prevent the night from turning into an outright rout.


---Good day fellow Offmen. I was sitting here drinking an afternoon cup of hot tea and catching up on the news when I found this article. I had no idea that he was to deliver his state of the union tomorrow night. Now my question is, are any of you gonna try to catch any of the action? I will probably tune in to hear bits and pieces of it...

I went out today and bought my daughter something called "Moon Sand". Its seemingly pretty cool stuff. It molds like dough, never dries out and floats in water. Its like some space aged sand.

Over and out my brothers---

1 comment: