Tuesday, January 15, 2008

This and that.

---Its friggin cold here. I think today is the warmest day of the week and thats with a high temp. of 28. Well, today there is a very good chance we should hear back about the duplex as we are busy packing our asses off. I think there is a Democratic debate on the boob tube tonight, I may havta check that out.

So, what are you guys up to? I scored some free nicotine lozenges through an Iowa quitline program and they arrived yesterday so now I actually have "armor" in the battle to quit sucking down lung rockets. We will see what happens. Im also getting ready to try to sell off two computers that are no longer going to be used here in the household, my old one and the one Den used to use. My Mom wants it out because it reminds her of him too much and I understand where she is coming from. She can use my new computer to check her email and her favorite sites, I already set her up with a user name and account on this p.c.

Im going to go have dinner tonight over at the ex's so I can see her and spend time with the small (Ava, as we like to call her at times. We have such an interesting relationship the ex and I, Im not even gonna start explaining it here, it would take forever, but were good now, have been for a while...All for the kid for the most part, but her and I are still totally in love. Its an odd situation I tells ya. Our biggest obstacle right now is politics, which I just dont bring up, me being the more conservative one and her being the bleeding heart, woe is me, we are the world, cant we just all get along liberal. I think shes behind Obama right now, so I just dont mention him. She keeps trying to convince me there is no way in hell a Republican is gonna take the White House this election, but I still hold on and beg to differ.

Social D. is about 2 and a half weeks out from completing this leg of their tour and after that, Im betting they go into the studio for a few months to begin laying tracks for the new album, so they can tour the hell out of it all summer into this coming fall. Ive managed to hear 2 new songs that should be on the new album and they were really damn good. Mike Ness just gets better with age as a musician and songwriter. Yep, Social D., gambling with souls since '79. They put the punk scene from Southern CA. on the map back in the day and they really are the only band left from that first fringe wave of punk rock bands that are still alive and kickin which says a hell of a lot.

So, whats up on your end, anything good or interesting?

No comments: